DAZ&A helps its clients proactively to identify, evaluate and implement opportunities for growth. In all of its engagements, DAZ&A employs a market-driven approach to opportunity creation by building bridges between the client’s distinctive capabilities and the genuine needs of real, identifiable customers.
Although DAZ&A tailors each engagement to meet the client’s unique requirements, DAZ&A’s services often fit within one of three categories: Acquisitions & Strategic Alliances, Sales & Marketing Development, and New Product Definition & Development.
1. ACQUISITIONS & STRATEGIC ALLIANCES. In these engagements, DAZ&A:
• Applies proactive techniques to identify and rank prospective acquisition candidates. DAZ&A then acts as an intermediary in the initial contact and subsequent negotiations. During due-diligence, DAZ&A assists in evaluating the acquisition candidate primarily from a sales, marketing, products and technology perspective. Taking a unique approach, DAZ&A gains direct, unfettered access to the acquisition candidate’s customers and employees EARLY in the due-diligence process, often before a signed letter-of-intent. This gives the acquirer critical early insight that is often lacking in traditional approaches to due-diligence.
• Leads the identification, analysis, and development of corporate partnering opportunities including sales, marketing, distribution and support relationships.
• Identifies product and technology joint development and licensing opportunities.
• Assists in divesting unprofitable or inappropriate operations. Involvement includes grooming the businesses in preparation for sale, identifying acquirers, and acting as an intermediary in the negotiations.
2. SALES & MARKETING DEVELOPMENT. In these engagements, DAZ&A:
• Assists clients in establishing realistic revenue growth goals, and in structuring viable operating plans to achieve those goals. Growth results from increasing the client’s share of existing markets and/or from the development of entirely new markets, new channels, new products and new services. Working closely with the client, DAZ&A often plays a key role in implementing those plans.
• Analyzes the changing needs of the client’s current and prospective customers. By assessing the underlying forces impacting the customers in their businesses, DAZ&A looks beyond the customers’ sometimes narrow or short-term view of their own needs.
• Assesses the competitive environment by examining the client’s direct competitors. But more importantly, DAZ&A identifies and evaluates subtle changes in the competitive environment that can create enormous potential impact. The emergence of entirely new alternative solutions represents one such change.
• Measures and forecasts market production and consumption, with an emphasis on identifying and interpreting the qualitative factors influencing the numbers.
• Conducts detailed evaluations of customer satisfaction and tracks changes in satisfaction over time.
• Based on the above insight, DAZ&A develops creative market segmentation concepts which then form the foundation for effective long-term sales and marketing growth strategies.
• Provides comprehensive assistance in formulating and implementing practical strategies for marketing, sales, distribution, service and support.
3. NEW PRODUCT DEFINITION & DEVELOPMENT. In these engagements, DAZ&A:
• Assists in defining new products and in market testing of those products during all phases of development. If a new product or service can be described in words or pictures, DAZ&A can test it PRIOR to the investment of engineering resources.
• Explores the influence of emerging technologies on both the design and use of the client’s products or services.
• Assists in defining overall product-line strategies including the periodic pruning of those lines.
SCOPE OF ACTIVITIES:
DAZ&A’s clients extend across a broad range of products, services, technologies and markets.
• computer hardware and software
• mobile devices & apps
• web-based services
• network products and services
• industrial controls & robotics
• aerospace & defense electronics
• electrical machinery and equipment
• test and measurement instruments
• telecommunications equipment
• telecommunications services
• advanced materials
• specialty chemicals
• biomedical instrumentation
• medical devices
• semiconductor manufacturing equip.
• semiconductor devices & materials
• wireless & microwave devices
• fiber optics and photonics
• mems technology
• electronic packaging components
• contract engineering
• contract manufacturing
• private equity firms